Terms & Conditions
Note! You are concluding a Legally Binding Agreement.
By accessing, viewing, downloading or otherwise using Chamber.com or any webpage or feature available through Chamber.com, any information provided as part of the Chamber.com services, or any related emails, newsletters or services (hereinafter collectively “Chamber.com” or the “Services”), or by clicking “Join Chamber.com” during the registration process, you conclude a legally binding agreement with Chamber.com, 3507 Bayshore Blvd, Ste 1201, Tampa, FL 33629 (“we”) based on the terms of this Chamber.com User Agreement (“Agreement”) and become a Chamber.com user (“User”). If you are using Chamber.com on behalf of a company or other legal entity, such entity may have a separate agreement with us, but you are nevertheless individually bound by this Agreement. If you do not want to become a User, do not conclude the Agreement, do NOT click “Join Chamber.com” and do not access, view, download or otherwise use any Chamber.com webpage, information or services.
We encourage you to read this User Agreement with great care in order to participate with us as a User in the development of a quality service and first-rate Internet. By becoming a User, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this User Agreement and that you agree to be bound by all of its provisions.
1. Your Rights & Obligations
License and warrant your submissions: You do not have to submit anything to us, but if you choose to submit something (including any User generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques and data), you must grant, and you actually grant by concluding this Agreement, a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicense able, fully paid up and royalty free right to us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, and use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, anything that you submit to us, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. By submitting any information to us, you represent and warrant that such submission is accurate, is not confidential, and is not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. You further agree to inform Chamber.com in the event that any such information has changed since your registration with Chamber.com and, if appropriate, you agree to make such modifications yourself to your profile.
Chamber.com exercises no control over any content you or others submit while using Chamber.com. Chamber.com has no obligation to verify the identity of any Users when they are connected to the site or to supervise the content, which has been provided by Users. Note that we describe our current practices related to personally identifiable information collected through Chamber.com in our Policy and that we may update our policies and practices from time to time at our sole discretion. Should you believe that someone is misusing or otherwise appropriating your information, you must immediately inform Chamber.com.
Prior to joining Chamber.com, you must consider and decide, yourself, the extent to which you wish to reveal information about yourself to the large community of Chamber.com Users and to Chamber.com and you must not communicate to Chamber.com and its Users any information the dissemination of which could be harmful to you.
You own all of the content and information you post on Chamber.com and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Chamber.com. These rights end when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). When you publish content or information, it means that everyone, including people off of Chamber.com, may have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Chamber.com, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
Service Eligibility. You represent and warrant that you (a) are not under the age of 18; (b) have not previously been suspended or removed from Chamber.com; (c) are not a direct competitor of Chamber.com; (d) do not have more than one Chamber.com account at any given time; and (e) that you have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and in doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party. In addition, you must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to Chamber.com, including, but not limited to, if the Service contains a mobile element, a mobile hand set or other mobile access device that is in working order and suitable for use in connection with the Service and to use any part of the Service.
Keep your password secure: Keep your password confidential, do not use other Users’ accounts and do not let others use your account; you are responsible for anything that happens through your account - until you notify us of a breach (contact us), close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to a fault of our systems. You are prohibited from selling, trading or otherwise transferring your Chamber.com account or any information therein to another party or charging anyone for access to any portion of Chamber.com, or any information therein.
Indemnify us: You have to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to third party claims, charges or investigations, caused by (a) your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (b) any content you submit to Chamber.com or (c) any activity in which you engage on or through the Chamber.com.
Pay: If you subscribe to any services that we offer for a charge, you will pay the applicable fees (including, without limitation, monthly fees for premium accounts) as they become due plus all related taxes and reimburse us for any collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts.
Notify us of acts contrary to the Agreement: If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement under any mandatory laws, you agree to provide us with detailed, 30 days prior written notice before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation.
Premium Services: If you have access to any Chamber.com’s Premium Services, this User Agreement applies to your use of such services.
Mobile Services: Certain parts of the Service may be available via your mobile phone or accessible on your mobile phone through a downloadable application (“Mobile Services”). In using Mobile Services, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding the Service by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In addition, use of the Mobile Services may cause icons and data to be displayed on and through your mobile device, which data may be updated on a periodic basis by connecting to and transferring data from servers through the Internet and/or communication systems to provide content updates and to populate your mobile device with new information. By using Mobile Services, you hereby explicitly agree to the foregoing service functionality. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your Chamber.com account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number. Use of the Mobile Services may result in charges imposed by your wireless provider and you will be responsible for such charges. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. Therefore, you should check with your carrier to find out if the Mobile Services are available for your mobile devices, and what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to your use of such Mobile Services. Finally, by using any downloadable application to enable your use of the Mobile Services, you are explicitly confirming your acceptance of the terms of the mobile End User License Agreement provided at download. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Chamber.com within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
Forums/Blogs/Chat Rooms: Chamber.com may include various forums, blogs and chat rooms where you can post your observations and comments on designated topics. Chamber.com cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, do not post it on the Service. Chamber.com AND THE Chamber.com AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A MEMBER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN ANY FORUMS, BLOGS AND CHAT ROOMS.
Export Control: Your use of Chamber.com services, including its software, is subject to export and reexport control laws and regulations, including the the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) maintained by the United States Department of Commerce and sanctions programs maintained by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control. You shall not - directly or indirectly - sell, export, reexport, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any software or service to any end-user without obtaining any required authorizations from the appropriate government authorities. You also warrant that you are not prohibited from receiving US origin products, including services or software.
Events: Users may host physical meetings ("Event”). Chamber.com may, at our sole discretion, reject or edit a pending or published Event listing. Events occur at venues that include, but are not limited to, public parks, private homes or private enterprises (such as coffee shops or retail stores). We do not supervise these Events and are not involved in any way with the actions of any individuals at these Events. As a result, we have no control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are present at these Events, and we request that our users exercise caution and good judgment when attending these Events. You agree that by attending any such event you bear all risk and you agree to release Chamber.com (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) and their designees from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Chamber.com, our resolution of any disputes among users, and/or your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at, a Chamber.com Event. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. As such, Chamber.com urges its Members to use caution and exercise good judgment when attending the Events or paying a fee for an Event.
2. Our Rights and Obligations - What We Must And May Do
The purpose of Chamber.com is to provide a service to facilitate professional networking among Users throughout the world. It is intended that Users only connect to other Users who they currently know and seek to further develop a professional relationship with those Users.For as long as Chamber.com continues to offer services, Chamber.com shall provide (and seek to update, improve and expand, in similar and different new ways) the Chamber.com platform and service with the purpose of providing all members with professional networking connectivity, through Chamber.com’s proprietary tools, rules and protocols which Chamber.com may update, improve, discontinue and change at any time, at Chamber.com’s sole discretion.Any other use of Chamber.com (such as seeking to connect to someone a User does not know or to use Chamber.com as a means of generating revenue through the sale of contacts or information to others) is strictly prohibited and is a violation of this Agreement.We allow you to access Chamber.com as it may exist and be available on any given day. We have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue Chamber.com, partially or entirely, or to charge and modify prices for Chamber.com. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on our site or by email communication to you. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in Chamber.com and all related items.Chamber.com reserves the right to withhold, remove and or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice. For avoidance of doubt, Chamber.com has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Users provide when using the Services.Chamber.com may include or automatically produce links to third party web sites (“Third Party Sites”). Chamber.com is not responsible for and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources. Chamber.com may also include articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the "Third Party Applications, Software or Content"). If you decide to leave Chamber.com and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from Chamber.com or relating to any applications you use or install from the site. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
You acknowledge and agree that we may send you important information and notices regarding the Service by email or through other means, including mobile or other hand held devices. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Service. You acknowledge, consent and agree that we may access, preserve, and disclose your registration and any other information you provide if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; (c) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Chamber.com, the Chamber.com Affiliates, its Users and the public.
Chamber.com may limit the number of connections you may have to other Users and prohibit you from contacting other Users through use of the Services.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. Chamber.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members and to terminate your account if Chamber.com determines, in its sole discretion, that doing so is prudent.
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DO NOT RELY ON Chamber.com, ANY INFORMATION THEREIN, OR ITS CONTINUATION. WE PROVIDE THE PLATFORM FOR Chamber.com AND ALL INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED OR HARMED BY Chamber.com OR ANYTHING RELATED TO Chamber.com, YOU MAY LEAVE Chamber.com AND TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 6 HEREOF AND SUCH TERMINATION SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
CHAMBER.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS INMAILS, POSTING OF ANSWERS OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER USER GENERATED CONTENT) SENT THROUGH Chamber.com TO ANYONE. IN ADDITION, WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. ANY MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY DESCRIBED OR USED ON THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OWNED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO HAVE LICENSED TO US SUCH MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY.
CHAMBER.COM DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS SUBSCRIBING TO ITS SERVICES, NOR DOES IT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF ITS SERVICES BY OTHER USERS OF THE COMMUNITY ; THEREFORE, Chamber.com DECLINES ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
CHAMBER.COM DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WHICH IT PROVIDES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. IN PARTICULAR, THEIR OPERATION MAY BE MOMENTARILY INTERRUPTED DUE TO MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, OR TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS. Chamber.com DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. FURTHERMORE, Chamber.com DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY MISFUNCTIONING, IMPOSSIBILITY OF ACCESS, OR POOR USE CONDITIONS OF THE Chamber.com SITE DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT, DISTURBANCES LINKED TO THE INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, TO THE SATURATION OF THE INTERNET NETWORK, AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON UNRELATED TO CHAMBER.COM.
4. Other Notices
Limitation of Liability: SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Neither Chamber.com corporation nor any of its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, employees, shareholders, or directors (“Chamber.com Affiliates”) shall be liable for (1) any damages in excess of five times the most recent monthly fee that you paid for a premium account, if any, or $100, whichever amount is greater, or (2) any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages or loss of use, profit, revenue or data to you or any third person arising from your use of the Service, any platform applications or any of the content or other materials on, accessed through or downloaded from Chamber.com even if Chamber.com is aware or has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The limitation of liability set forth in the preceding sentence shall:
- apply regardless of whether you base your claim on contract, tort, statute or any other legal theory, we knew or should have known about the possibility of such damages, or the limited remedies provided herein fail of their essential purpose, and
- not apply to any damage that Chamber.com Affiliates cause you intentionally and knowingly in violation of this Agreement or applicable law, or as otherwise mandated by applicable law that cannot be derogated from in this Agreement.
Termination: You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no cause, at any time, with notice to Chamber.com which shall be effective upon Chamber.com processing such notice. Chamber.com may terminate the Agreement for any or no cause, at any time, with or without notice, which shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. For avoidance of doubt, your access to any Premium Services may be terminated only by Chamber.com or the party paying for such services. Termination of your Chamber.com account includes disabling your access to Chamber.com (including any content you submitted or others submitted) and may also bar you from any future use of Chamber.com. In furtherance and without limiting the foregoing, Chamber.com has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Chamber.com’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers under the United States Copyright Act. Chamber.com may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the memberships of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Consequences of Termination: Upon termination, you lose access to Chamber.com. The terms of this Agreement shall survive any termination.
Choice of Law: The Agreement and any disputes with us or any Chamber.com Affiliate arising out of or relating to the Agreement or Chamber.com (“Disputes”) shall be governed by Florida law.
Agreement to Arbitrate and Pay Attorneys’ Fees: Any Disputes shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration under the rules and auspices of the American Arbitration Association, to be held in Tampa, FL, in English, with a written decision stating and legal reasoning issued by the arbitrator(s) at either party’s request, and with arbitration fees and reasonable attorneys’ fees of both parties to be borne by the party that ultimately loses.
Exception from Arbitration Agreement: Either party may obtain injunctive relief (preliminary or permanent) and orders to compel arbitration or enforce arbitral awards in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Severability: If any provision of the Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable under mandatory laws of a particular jurisdiction, such provision shall be interpreted as to give maximum effect to its intended purpose and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of (a) such provision under the laws of any other jurisdiction, or (b) any other provision of the Agreement.
Notices: We may notify you via postings on www.chamber.com, and via email or any other communications means to contact information you provide to us. You may also notify us via Contact Us form or via mail or courier at Chamber.com Corporation, Attn: Legal Department, 3507 Bayshore Blvd, Ste 1201. Tampa, FL 33629; any notices that you provide without compliance with this Section on Notices shall have no legal effect.
Entire Agreement: You agree that this Agreement constitutes the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding the Service and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Amendments to this Agreement: We reserve the right to modify, supplement or replace the terms of the Agreement, effective upon posting at www.chamber.com or notifying you otherwise. If you do not want to agree to changes to the Agreement, you can terminate the Agreement at any time per Section 7 hereof.
No informal waivers, agreements or representations: Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches. Except as expressly and specifically contemplated by the Agreement, no representations, statements, consents, waivers or other acts or omissions by any Chamber.com Affiliate shall be deemed legally binding on any Chamber.com Affiliate, unless documented in a physical writing hand signed by a duly appointed officer of Chamber.com.
No Injunctive Relief: In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Service or any content or other material used or displayed through the Service.
Beneficiaries: Chamber.com Affiliates are not parties, but intended third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, with a right to enforce the Agreement directly against you.
Assignment and Delegation: You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Agreement and any purported assignment and delegation shall be ineffective. We may freely assign or delegate all rights and obligations under the Agreement, fully or partially. We may also substitute, by way of unilateral notations, effective upon notice to you, Chamber.com Corporation for any third party that assumes our rights and obligations under this Agreement.
Complaints: Regarding copyright infringement complaints, see our policies and procedures for Complaints regarding Copyright Infringement. With respect to content-related complaints, see our policies and procedures for Complaints Regarding Content.
Liability: Subject to the provisions contained in the following paragraph and irrespective of legal grounds, Chamber.com is liable only for damages resulting from the intentional misconduct or gross negligence of Chamber.com, its legal representatives, employees or authorized agents (“Agents”).
For damages resulting from the gross negligence of Chamber.com or its Agents, liability is limited to damages commonly associated with the agreement in question. For damages caused by Chamber.com or its Agents in the absence of intentional misconduct or gross negligence, Chamber.com’s liability is limited to the extent that violations extend to obligations the satisfaction of which is of critical importance to the achievement of the respective agreement’s purpose (cardinal obligation). In the event that a cardinal obligation is violated by way of light negligence, liability is limited to damages commonly associated with the agreement in question. The above limitation of liability does not affect liability as prescribed by the German Product Liability Act or for damages from (i) injuries to life, body and health, or (ii) the assumption of a guarantee or procurement risk. To the extent that Chamber.com’s liability is excluded or limited under the foregoing provisions, such provisions also operate to the benefit of Chamber.com Agents in cases in which a User sues Chamber.com Agents directly.
Decompilation: In case you download certain software provided by Chamber.com, you are only entitled to decompile the Software under the rules provided in Sec. 69e Copyright Act (Urhebergesetz) and only after Chamber.com has not provided the necessary information and data for allowing to establish interoperability with third party hard- or software after a written request within an adequate timeframe.
Right of Revocation & Refund Policy: Chamber.com offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If you wish to cancel your membership within 30 days of your initial payment for Premium or Sponsorship Membership, Chamber.com will refund your membership fee. If you wish to cancel or have any questions, comments or concerns about our refund policy, you may call or email us. Chamber.com reserves the right to terminate membership for anybody with Premium Membership for failure to pay for the Service, and also reserves the right to change the benefits and fees associated with Premium Membership, with or without notice, at any time.
In the event of a valid cancellation, both parties shall be obliged to restore any benefits already received in accordance with legal provisions, and issue any gains (e.g. interest). If the User is unable or partially unable to restore the benefits, or only able to restore them in poor condition, to Chamber.com, then the User is obligated to reimburse Chamber.com for the corresponding value. Each party must fulfill its obligation for reimbursement within 90 days. The deadline begins for the User with the dispatch of the revocation; for Chamber.com, it begins with the reception of the revocation sent by the User. The right to revoke the contract expires if Chamber.com has begun providing the service with the User’s explicit consent before the end of the deadline for the revocation or if the User has initiated the service himself or herself.
5. Chamber.com User DOs & DON’Ts
As a condition to access Chamber.com, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
- comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, tax laws, export control laws and regulatory requirements;
- provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- review and comply with notices sent by Chamber.com concerning Chamber.com;
- keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, otherwise transfer or commercially exploit Chamber.com (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in the User Agreement;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide Chamber.com, or any part thereof;
- utilize information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from Chamber.com to provide any service that is competitive, in Chamber.com’s sole discretion, with Chamber.com;
- adapt, modify or create derivative works based on Chamber.com or technology underlying the Services, or other Users’ content, in whole or part;
- rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to Chamber.com or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- access, reload or “refresh” or make any other request to transactional servers more than once during any three second interval;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in the site;
- use automated methods to add contacts, send messages or other permitted activities;
- access, via automated or manual means or processes, Chamber.com for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality or for any competitive purpose;
- engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of Chamber.com’s website;
- attempt to or actually access Chamber.com by any means other than through the interface provided by Chamber.com;
- attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying Chamber.com;
- engage in any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on Chamber.com, including those of both Chamber.com or any of its licensors;
- remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included as part of Chamber.com;
- use any information obtained from Chamber.com to harass, abuse or harm another person;
- collect, use or transfer any information, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from Chamber.com except as expressly permitted in the User Agreement or the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- interfere with or disrupt Chamber.com, including but not limited to any servers or networks connected to Chamber.com, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Chamber.com;
- upload a cartoon, symbol, drawing or any content other than a photograph of yourself in your profile photo;
- use or attempt to use another's account without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on Chamber.com; share your password; let anyone else access your account; do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- infringe or use Chamber.com’s brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “Chamber.com” in any business name, email, or URL or including Chamber.com’s trademarks and logos on any website without authorization; (If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate-such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name.)
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
- falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- contains, encourages, advocates, or expresses obscenity, child pornography, the making or buying of illegal weapons or illegal drugs, hatred, bigotry, racism, vulgarity, gratuitous violence or the use of weapons;
- includes telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by Chamber.com;
- includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information
- infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of Chamber.com or any User of Chamber.com;
- forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; and/or
- adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field).participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network which seeks to implement practices which are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople to the purposes of creating a network thereof or other similar practices;
- engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme.
- advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on Chamber.com without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws.
- use Chamber.com to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- access restricted, password-only, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page) support or help any organization designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
6. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
The following additional terms apply to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal ("Order"):
- When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
- We cannot control how people interact with your ads, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of running ads.
- You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take us seven days before the ad stops running.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ads, your ads may remain until the users delete it.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Chamber.com without written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
- If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, we need to make sure you have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
7. Claims Regarding Copyright Infringement
Each User grants Chamber.com a license to use the content supplied by each such User for the purposes of disclosure on the Chamber.com website.
This license includes, inter alia, the right for Chamber.com to reproduce, represent, adapt, translate, digitize, use for advertising purposes, whether commercial or non-commercial, to sublicense or to transfer the content concerning each User (including information, pictures, descriptions, search criteria, etc.) over all or part of the Services and/or in any mailings of Chamber.com and in general through any electronic communication media (email, SMS, MMS, WAP, Internet, CD Rom or DVD).
Each User expressly authorizes Chamber.com to modify said content in order to conform to the interface or display requirements of the Services or of other communications media as set forth above, and/or to render them compatible with its technical performance or media format in question. These rights are granted throughout the world and for the entire term of this Agreement. The User is prohibited from copying, reproducing or otherwise using the content relating to other Users of Chamber.com for any purpose other than for those purposes strictly related to use of the Chamber.com services for personal purposes.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512, Chamber.com Corporation has designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Chamber.com Corporation’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Chamber.com Corporation’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Contact Us or mail us at:
Attn: General Counsel, re Copyright
3507 Bayshore Blvd, Ste 1201
Tampa, FL 33629
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
- Chamber.com may remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- Chamber.com may forward the written notification to such alleged infringer; and
- Chamber.com may take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
Counter-Notification: If the alleged infringer believes that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against it and it would like to submit a counter-notification, it may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with Chamber.com Corporation’s Copyright Agent.
To be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication provided to the Chamber.com Corporation’s Copyright Agent for Notice that includes the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Chamber.com Corporation may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter-Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
- Chamber.com may promptly provide you with a copy of the Counter-Notification;
- Chamber.com may inform you that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days; and
- Chamber.com may replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter-Notification, provided Chamber.com Copyright Agent for Notice has not received notice from you that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Chamber.com network or system.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.
8. Notice and Procedure for Making Complaints Regarding Content
To notify Chamber.com Corporation of Content that infringes your rights (other than copyright violations in which case please contact us) or is otherwise unlawful (“Specified Content”), you must send a notice to the Chamber.com Corporation Content Complaint Manager by mail, e-mail, or fax, and provide the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A description of the Specified Content that your claim either infringes your rights or is otherwise unlawful, specifying which parts of it you believe infringe your rights, or are unlawful, and which parts you believe should be removed;
- A description of the exact location of the Specified Content on the Web Site;
- (In the event you believe that the Specified Content infringes your rights): A statement specifying in detail the rights you assert, and why the Specified Content infringes them;
- (In the event you believe that the Specified Content is otherwise unlawful): A statement specifying in detail which laws you believe are being breached, and why the Specified Content does so;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are damaged by the Specified Content or authorized to act on such person’s behalf; and
- Your electronic or physical signature (as appropriate).
When we receive a notice that complies with the above requirements, we will evaluate the information you provided (including, if appropriate, forwarding the notice to, or otherwise contacting the source of the Specified Content), and if appropriate in our judgment, remove or disable access to the Specified Content. In such case, we may notify the source of the Specified Content of your complaint and our action taken. In some cases, if the source of the Specified Content provides us with information indicating that the Specified Content has been removed wrongly, we may reinstate the Specified Content. Our take-down and re-instatement procedures are and remain at our sole discretion.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notice or responding to a notice filed by someone else.
Chamber.com Corporation Content Complaint Manager. Contact information for Chamber.com Corporation’s Content Complaint Manager is as follows:
Attn: General Counsel, Complaints
3507 Bayshore Blvd, Ste 1201
Tampa, FL 33629
The following provisions apply if your country of registration is France, you are using Chamber.com from France, and you are using the French version of Chamber.com:
In accordance with Article L. 121-20 of the French Consumer Code, you are hereby informed that you have a seven (7) day period from the opening of your account to exercise your right of retraction, without any penalty or cause. However, in accordance with Article L. 121-20-2, 1° of the French Consumer Code, this right of retraction cannot be exercised once you have used the services of the account in question.
You agree that you will not participate directly or indirectly in a network seeking to implement practices similar to “snowball” sales or services as set forth in Articles L 122-6 and L 122-7 of the French Consumer Code.
The following provisions apply and prevail over the above stated clauses if your country of registration is Germany, you are using Chamber.com from Germany and you are using the German version of Chamber.com:
Chamber.com, 3507 Bayshore Blvd, Ste 1201. Tampa, FL 33629.